|LAB Acceptable Use Policy||Other policy||Authenticated users|
|Marketing Opt-In Policy||Site policy||All users|
Effective Date: 1 September 2018
Pivot Point Education Limited, 7 Pilgrim Street, London EC4V 6LB is the controller of personal data we collect from you in using these educational services.
Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
2. Your College
3. Collection of Your Personal Data
Pivot Point will process your personal data so we can provide these educational services to you, which may include your contact information (such as name, address, email address, phone number, beauty college or salon name), LAB account information (such as username, password and keycode) and any other relevant personal data or information you submit when using the online LAB services. We may also use your contact information to communicate with you and send you information and materials for marketing and other purposes (please see the section on “Marketing” below).
When you visit this website to access the educational LAB services, our webserver automatically collects technical information about your equipment (such as your IP address), browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information through using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see the “Cookies” section for more details.
4. Purposes for Processing Your Personal Data
We process any personal data you provide to us to enable you to access these educational services, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
· to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from your access to our educational services and to provide you with the information you request from us;
· to enable you to register your access with our online LAB services;
· to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our LAB platform including for any user support;
· to notify you about changes to these services;
· to better understand how you interact with this Website, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
· to improve our educational services; and
· to provide you with information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, as described in the “Marketing” section below.
We may contact you by email to provide you with information about our products and services which are linked to these educational services. You may be contacted by us or by Vocational Training Charitable Trust (or VTCT).
You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such marketing communications from us at any time. To discontinue your receipt of such marketing communications, simply click on "Unsubscribe" to opt out. Please allow us 3 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or to where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use various types of cookies, including session cookies, persistent cookies, local shared objects, pixels, gifs, web beacons and other tracking technologies, session and persistent technologies, first and third-party cookies. Cookies can be persistent by remaining on your computer until you delete them or be based on your browsing session where they delete once you close your browser. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services on our Website.
· Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable us to facilitate access to different aspects of our Website and allow you to move around our site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
· Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
· Functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary for our Website to operate and allow us to remember what choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
· Advertising and marketing cookies: these cookies are used to send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
(b) Specific Cookies We Use
We have included a list of the cookies we use below.
Expires at the end of session
Stores the username
Used to distinguish users
To store a unique user ID
Used to persist session state
Used to distinguish users
Used to maintain login information from page to page
(c) Opting out of Cookies
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
However, if you wish to restrict or block cookies which are set as a result of visiting this Website, you can do this with your browser settings. The Help menu within your browser should tell you how to do this.
Useful information about cookies and how to control them on a wide variety of browsers can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of this Website.
You can, of course, disable cookies and web beacons on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. However, it is possible that some parts of our Website will not operate correctly if you disable cookies.
We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our Website and to help us improve our Website. The information collected includes your IP address, and provide us with information about the number of visitors to the Website, where those visitors originate from and how many times they have visited the Website. Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use it. This is also available in the Chrome web store.
We limit access to personal data about you to our employees and third-party agents who we reasonably believe need to have access to your information to provide you with these educational services. Your information is stored and maintained with our third party hosting provider that uses industry standard physical, administrative and technical measures to help ensure the accessibility, security and integrity of your information.
This Website has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, Pivot Point uses industry standards, such as Secure Socket Layers ("SSL") technology, to help safeguard against such occurrences. In certain areas, the information passed between your browser and our system is encrypted with SSL technology to create a protected connection between you and our website to ensure confidentiality.
Please also note that if you are using a public computer when you are signed in, we strongly encourage you to Sign Out when you finish shopping. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
8. Information Sharing
We may share your personal data with:
· Pivot Point affiliated companies.
· Colleges. We may provide information with the college you are registered regarding your use of the educational services for the college to issue you with educational credits or for other administrative purposes.
· Service providers. Our service providers help us bring you these educational services, for example we may work with an outside company to: (a) manage a database of user’s information; (b) assist us with marketing and provide benchmarking information; (c) provide us storage and analysis; and (d) fraud prevention. We require our service providers to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in our agreements with them.
· Prospective seller or buyer. In the event of a sale or purchase of any Pivot Point’s properties, affiliates, or subsidiaries so that the buyer can continue to provide you with the information and services.
We do not sell, rent or loan any of your personal data to any third party.
This Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age and Pivot Point does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through this Website.
10. Your Rights
You may have the right to: request (a) access the to your personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you. If you would like to exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may call us on 01604 879666 or write to us at PO Box 6340, Milton Keynes, MK1 9GR, United Kingdom. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country if you are based in the European Economic Area.
11. Storing your Personal data
Your personal data collected via this Website will be stored on servers located in the United Kingdom. It may also be processed by Pivot Point affiliate operations in the United States. This includes individuals engaged in, among other things, administration of an enquiry or for management and support of our systems.
We have implemented appropriate safeguards, to protect your personal data when it is transferred, including the execution of data transfer agreements with recipients of the information. For access to copies of these agreements please contact Support by email at email@example.com or by mail at PO Box 6340, Milton Keynes, MK1 9GR, United Kingdom. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
12. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Where we are not otherwise subject to a legal requirement to retain records, we will retain your information for seven years from the date it is provided to us. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
13. Contacting Us
Pivot Point Education Limited
PO Box 6340
Effective Date: 1 September 2018
Information displayed on this website may change without notice. Pivot Point reserves the right to modify all information without any obligation to notify past or current website users. Pivot Point makes no representations that the materials on this website are appropriate or available for use in any particular state or other countries besides the United States. When accessing this website, you are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of the state or country in which you live.
All offers set forth on this website are void where prohibited and are subject to the posting of any official rules pertaining to such offers. Some services offered on this website may not be available in certain areas.
Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright Pivot Point International, Inc., 2003-2018. All rights reserved.
All copyrightable text, audio, video, graphics, charts, photographs, icons, and the design, selection, and arrangement of content in any medium on this website are copyrighted by Pivot Point, unless otherwise noted. In addition, many proprietary names and marks belonging to Pivot Point appear throughout this website. This website may also contain references to third-party marks, and copies of third-party copyrighted materials, which are the property of their respective owners. Any unauthorised use of any trade dress, marks, or any other intellectual property belonging to Pivot Point or any third party is strictly prohibited and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Use of this Website
This website is offered and made available by Pivot Point in connection with the educational services provided by Pivot Point and is intended solely for educational purposes. You may download and print one (1) copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal, educational and non-commercial use, provided you do not delete or modify any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. You may not otherwise use, copy, modify, distribute, mirror, republish or transmit any of the content or materials of this website without the prior written consent of Pivot Point.
Your account is personal to you, and you may not share your login credentials with, or allow access to your account by, any third party. Because you will be responsible for all activity that occurs under your access credentials, you should keep your username and password secret. If you have any reason to believe that your account information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed by a third party, you agree to immediately notify Pivot Point by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You are solely responsible for your own losses and losses incurred by Pivot Point and others (including other users) due to any unauthorised use of your account.
Pivot Point will provide interactive areas for participation by its users. All users of this website must also comply with the Acceptable Use Policy and any other guidelines or rules provided by Pivot Point or posted on this website.
You and other users of the Pivot Point bulletin boards, chat rooms, surveys and other interactive areas are solely responsible for the contents and consequences of the messages you communicate or post on this website. You should exercise the utmost discretion before posting any personal information on this website. Although Pivot Point is not obligated to monitor content or the accuracy of information, you agree that Pivot Point, in its sole discretion, has the right to monitor, without notice, any content or information posted on this website. Pivot Point also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to prohibit any conduct or remove any content, without notice, for any reason, and to revoke any user’s registration, for any reason.
You understand and agree that: (1) Pivot Point assumes no liability or responsibility for any content or material of any kind that is submitted for or posted on any interactive area on the website by you or by any other users or third parties and (2) Pivot Point is a publisher of any submitted content and is acting solely as an Internet Service Provider as that term is defined in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Pivot Point respects the rights of intellectual property owners and asks that its users do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes infringement, please provide Pivot Point the following information:
1. a description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed and copy of it;
2. a description of the allegedly infringing material, including its location on the site, and a copy of this;
3. your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
4. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
5. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
6. an electronic or physical signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Termination of Access
In no event will Pivot Point or any of its officers, representatives, directors, employees, consultants or agents be liable for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, our website or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website including any linked website or material. In particular, we will not be liable for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, good will or reputation, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
The above does not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury, or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence. It also does not exclude or limit our liability for any other things where the law does not permit us to do so.
Pivot Point uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that all material, information and data on this website is accurate and reliable; however, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. This website is provided by Pivot Point on an “as is” and “as and when available” basis. Pivot Point disclaims all warranties, representations or guarantees, whether express or implied, with respect to this website, including without limitation all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, use, title and non-infringement.
Pivot Point does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, quality, reliability, timeliness, functionality or usefulness of this website or any material, information or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through use of this website; (2) the results that may be obtained from the use of this website or the use of material, information or data obtained from this website; (3) that use of this website or any materials on this website will meet any users requirements; (4) that access to the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; or (5) that files or other materials and information available through this website will be free of infections, viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious code that could be harmful to your computer system. Pivot Point has no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery or failure to store any user communication.
You acknowledge and agree (1) that your use of this website and any material, information or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is at your discretion and risk, and (2) that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or for loss of data that results from the download of any material, information or data, and for any other form of damage that may be incurred. None of the parties involved in creating, producing, or delivering this website or its content will be liable to users of this website for any damage resulting from use of this website or use of material, information or data downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website, nor are such parties in any way responsible for the conduct of users of this website or for information posted or exchanged on this website.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Pivot Point or in any manner from this website creates any warranty.
Interpretation and Disputes
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding
Pivot Point Education Limited
PO Box 6340
LAB - Acceptable Use Policy
Effective Date: 1 September 2018
You are permitted to post comments and upload images and video material into the LAB website (“Postings”). You must comply with the following:
1. You must maintain a polite, pleasant and respectful environment. Personal rebukes or attacks or nuisance Postings are not acceptable.
2. Please do not Post personal details about yourself such as your surname, phone number, home address, email address, college, salon or other place of work.
3. Postings that harass, abuse, bully, stalk or threaten, victimise or otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as rights of privacy, data protection and publicity) are prohibited.
4. You must ensure that all Postings are appropriate to all people. Any Postings that are defamatory, indecent, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable are prohibited. Slurs or commentary against any social, racial, religious or belief, ethnic, age-related, disabled or sexual orientation group are prohibited.
5. You must not post unlawful material, or material that is defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, extremist or which has the potential to radicalise others or make any Posting that advocates or promotes any unlawful act.
6. You must keep your Postings relevant to the stated topic.
7. You may not send any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk mail, unauthorised e-mail, or commercial solicitations, or engage in, facilitate or encourage any illegal activities or any other material with the intent to defraud or which is likely to deceive others.
8. You may not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses.
9. You may not advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose.
10. Any and all Postings you submit must be your original work or you must otherwise have the consent, license or permission of the copyright owners to submit such Postings.
11. You may not disrupt, corrupt, alter or destroy any other user’s Postings.
12. You may not submit any materials or otherwise make available, files that contain notes, videos, recordings, articles, text, images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not as limitation, copyright or trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent or authorisation, as applicable, to do the same. If you include any music, photographs or other third-party content into your Postings, you are solely responsible to ensure that you have the right and license to do so, whether as a fair use or otherwise.
13. You may not download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and/or distributed in such manner.
14. You may not upload Postings or other files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, spyware, corrupted files, or any other similar or potentially malicious software, devices or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another or seek to gain unauthorised access to restricted areas of the LAB system or network or carry out any hacking, data-interception, password-detecting, or other activities that seek to gain unauthorised access to systems or data, including personal data.
15. You may not falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
16. You may not interfere, restrict or inhibit another user’s use of the website or its features, such as by engaging in excessive usage, launching denial of service attacks, or uploading or transmitting viruses or other malicious code.
17. You may not create a false identity or otherwise impersonate any individual.
Any questions, complaints or comments on the Acceptable Use Policy must be submitted directly to Pivot Point as set forth below. Please do not direct questions, complaints or comments to other Users. As Pivot Point does not monitor the Postings, we cannot address your concerns unless you send them to us.
If you have any questions or comments about the Acceptable Use Policy or wish to report an Acceptable Use Policy violation, please contact us as set forth below. In response to Acceptable Use Policy violations, we may immediately suspend or permanently deactivate a user’s access to the website or its features. Pivot Point does not guarantee any user will receive a warning prior to such suspension or deactivation. Pivot Point also keeps a historical record of all conduct violations and responds to Acceptable Use Policy violations in light of such history.
Pivot Point Education Limited
PO Box 6340